Friday, August 8, 2014

Review: A Vampire To Watch Over Me


Book Title: Vampire Coven 2: A Vampire to Watch Over Me by C. L. Scholey
Publisher: Whiskey Creek Press Torrid
Reviewer:  Crystal


Review Rating: 4.5 LIGHTNING BOLTS


Blurb:


Trapped in a lonely world of ice and snow, Honor vows to break free of the restraining heartache her ice dwelling leader has placed their clan under. It’s a world of sadness; no touching, no kind words—love is a hateful, profane four letter word and is against the law. Emotion is as frozen as the icy ground Honor walks.

Laken is a sixteen thousand year old vampire, sired to The Brethren of Tavish. When the heated beauty all but falls into his lap, Laken feels his heart is transported back in time before he was turned. The lookalike to his favored love tumbles from her frozen furs. The angry little vixen won’t be tamed.

Laken has been taught from birth there is nothing more important than honor. In order to save both her, and himself, he must break a law. The last time he broke a law the consequence was death to his timid, beautiful mate-to-be. The blow was devastating. Now Laken must decide just how far he will go for his Honor.



Review:

Really great vampire book.



This book is rally different. I couldn't see how Honor could live the way she did. Just starts to show you how strong willed a female can be when she doesn't want to be somewhere. I couldn't live without another humans touch and to live like we were in the ice age. Honor was treated cruelly. There are no words to describe this.

Laken is a vampire and in these times they live a good life. They have rules but only to keep all the humans safe. I loved how the author shared all the feelings that Honor was feeling. To come out of living in such a cold environment to being where you have power and getting to go outside and feel the warm sun on your body.

I didn't read the first book in this series and wish that I had but I didn't feel like I was missing anything  The plot to the story was something that was easy to follow and it kept my attention all through the book. I never felt lost or that I was missing anything. I can't wait to see if there will be another book in this series. I want to see if there will be more of a story to the ending of this one.

This is the first book that I have read by this author and I will be looking for more. I liked the adventure that I was taken on and the characters all had to make some changes. I love vampire stories and it was great to read one that didn't have the vampire being the really bad person that they area usually made to be.

If you love paranormal books and love to see the good side that area usually the bad in stories then you will love this one. Did have a slow start but after it picked up, I couldn't get enough.

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment