Friday, August 8, 2014

Review: The Librarian and the Dom


Book Title: Club Libertine 2 - The Librarian and the Dom by Diane Leyne  
Publisher: BookStrand
Reviewer: Crystal


Review Rating 4 LIGHTNING BOLTS




Blurb:

Jake Hughes is a Dom working part time at Club Libertine. He's good at what he does and enjoys it, but he's also a lonely widower who just wants a sub to call his own. One fateful night, he saves librarian Lindy McNeil from a fall down some stairs. Their sexual connection is instant and strong, but so is their emotional connection.

She's innocent in the ways of BDSM but she's eager to learn and he's eager to teach her, but he also worries as things progress quickly between them. There’s a lot he hasn’t told her and now he’s worried he’s waited too long. How will she react when she learns that his specialty at the club is whipping women at the request of their Doms or when she learns about the twisted relationship he had with his late wife?

Will it all be too much for Lindy or can they make it work?

Review:

I can't believe that I have never heard of this author or the series before until now.

The author did a great job with this story and I could feel the pain and loneliness that Jake was feeling. How he really wanted someone to love him for him and not that he can whip or the sex he can give them. It was pretty funny how he met Lindy. I know if a guy caught me after I dropped a box of books and fell over them and came crashing down some steps I would never be able to look at him in the eye again.

The thing that was a little hard to believe was them falling in love with each other in just a couple of days. So this book was fast paced. So I would have like to see it go just a little slower but I understand that it was a short book. That meant the author had to move things fast and that is ok with me. It just means that we get to things faster and I love getting to the good parts. It makes me want to go to a real BDSM club just to watch how things go.

I understand what the characters were going through. Jake wants someone that he can come home to and Lindy has problems with her body and height. Throwing these two together was a great idea and I know they were paired off right. They were meant for each other. So I really got some great laughs while I read this book and it had some pretty hot scenes.

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment