Monday, August 11, 2014

Review: Lockout



Book Title: Lockout (The Alpha Group Book Two) by Maya Cross
Publisher:
Reviewer: Crystal


5 LIGHTNING BOLTS




Who is Sebastian Lock?

Sophia had never felt attraction like that before. Raw. Electric. Irresistible. Swept off her feet by the dashing, enigmatic billionaire Sebastian Lock, she was taken on a journey of self-discovery, taken to places she never dreamed she’d go.

But things are never as simple as they appear. Sophia’s trust is a fragile thing, and Sebastian seems insistent on testing it. He has his own demons to battle, and nobody has brought them to the fore like she has.

As their relationship deepens, and Sophia begins to break down his walls, all that greets her are more questions. Why is Sebastian fighting so hard to keep her at a distance? Who is the girl on the background of his phone? And why does the strange tattoo on his chest seem so familiar?

These puzzles plague her, but as Sebastian’s mysteries begin to unravel, she must face an entirely different truth. Staying in the dark may be painful, but finding the answers could be deadly.

Blurb:



Review:

I read the first book in this series just to see if I would like it. I was hooked when I started reading it. So when I got to the last page and found the cliff hanger for the next book I just had to read it. I was kept on pins and needles waiting for the second one to come out. I grabbed it as soon as I saw it was out. Boy was I mad when I got done with this book and read the ending of this book. I couldn't believe that the author would be so mean and now I am waiting on another book.

Sophia has trust issues and she doesn't believe Sebastian when she sees naked pictures of another woman on his phone. One that she knew worked for him and she had seen them together. I understand Sophia because I would have the same thoughts going through my head if I saw that on a man's phone and I didn't know him well. I don't know if I would give him a second chance or not.

This was a great erotic read and I couldn't get enough. The games that they played and the sexual tension was hot. I really loved the poker game. I enjoyed watching the play between everyone and the way it ended. I was shocked to say that I could never figure this out myself. So many exciting twists and turns. I can't wait for the third and final book to come out.

I love when I get to read a new series by a new author and it becomes one that I will never be able to forget.


Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment