Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Review: Claimed By Wolves


Book Title: Call of the Wolf 1 - Claimed by Wolves by Diane Leyne
Publisher: BookStrand
Reviewer: Crystal


Review Rating: 4.5 LIGHTNING BOLTS

Blurb: Samantha Anderson is carrying out her grandmother's last wish and visiting the Northwest to learn about her family's heritage.

She's surprised by her immediate attraction to the five McAllister brothers: sexy big brother and pack alpha Gabe, hot carpenter twins Bart and Nick, and young and sweet fitness trainer twins Eddie and Andy. She's even more surprised when they all decide to pursue her.

What she doesn't know is that the wolf-dog shape-shifting brothers have recognized her as their mate and are determined win her over so she'll agree to a formal mating ceremony which will tie her to them forever.

The only holdout is Gabe, who worries about mating with a human and wants to learn more about her before revealing their secret. To do this, he decides to spy on her in wolf-dog form. That's when he finds out that Samantha has a secret of her own.

Note: There is no sexual relationship or touching for titillation between or among siblings.

Genre: Ménage a Trois/Quatre, Paranormal, Shape-shifter

Review:

Samantha has known that there is more to her family then she knows. Her grandma tells her on her death bed that she has wolf blood in her and there are others like her. She knows that her brothers can shift but she can't.  Her grandma makes her promise that she will go to Harmony for the Summer just to meet other wolves and give them a chance. When she gets there she meets the alpha Gabe and his four brothers. They know that she is their mate and they have to find a way to get her to fall in love with them. She know they are shifters but they don't know that she has wolf blood in her.

 This story is one that gets you to experience new things. I never thought about having five mates myself and couldn't imagine what to do with five men. I think one is enough for me but I did like to see how they made it work with five men. You start out with one and then two. Not until the end do you really have all six characters together. I liked it this way because it helped you connect to all the characters and really get to know them. I believe the best part is when Sam puts a leash on Gabe and makes him walk in town while everyone knows he is the alpha. She does it because they haven't been truthful with her about being shifters. The whole vet scene is funny.

 I enjoyed the storyline and it was easy to follow. The way the author introduces every character and lets you see how each one is different. Even the one's that are quiet surprises you. I hated when I reached the end of the book because I wanted more. I had some laughs as I was reading this book because the author has a great sense of humor. I know there is no way I could keep up with writing about six main characters but the author did a wonderful job and I never got lost or thought I was missing anything. I will be looking for the second book to this series. ( New Paragraph). I would recommend you read this book because it is different and it shows how one woman can love five men and never lose herself

Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment