Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Review: Silken Desires

Title: Silken Desires  

Author: Laci Paige

Publisher: Self Published

Genre: Contemporary, Erotica

Reviewer: Crystal

Review Rating: 4 LIGHTNING BOLTS

Blurb: Friends since childhood and lovers as adults, Roxi leaves Jonathan without explanation. He assumes it’s due to his changing lifestyle; venturing deep into the world of BDSM, but she has a deeper secret that has her running away.

After a life-changing year in hiding, Roxi comes home a new woman, a sub with masochistic needs. When she confides her secret to him, Jonathan realizes that to keep her safe from harm, he must be her Dom, and help her obtain the physical peak she needs. Love cannot be a part of the equation. Jonathan has to protect his heart and guard his soul.

As he finds himself falling for another woman, Roxi admits she wants more from Jonathan. She wants his heart and soul along with his perfect domination. She wants a life with him, but can he risk loving Roxi again?



Review: I had to read this book when I saw the cover and read what it was about. When I got into the book I didn't like how the characters were behaving. You could tell how much love that Roxi and Jonathan had for each other. You just wanted to bang their heads together and make them talk.

Roxi has tried several times to talk to Jonathan and he just wouldn't let her. Either sex got in the way or his feelings and being hurt because Roxi left. I have to say that Jonathan made me mad the worse. He behaved like a child.

After I made myself finish reading and I got more into the story I became more confused. I didn't know if I was going to like the outcome of this book. You know that these two loved each other and there was no way that they could love anyone else more than they did each other. I have to say I liked the ending and it made up for everything else. If I read this book again I would just read the ending because there is no way I would make myself go through all the feelings that I was going through with the rest of it.


Amazon








1 comment:

  1. Hey Crystal ~ Thanks for the great review! You're not alone in those feelings. Apparently Jonathan and Roxi set off those emotions in everyone who reads about them. It's cool, things aren't always peachy in real life, and I went with that. But I love that I can evoke passionate emotions in readers like that. Thanks again for the review :)

    ReplyDelete