Thursday, June 6, 2013

Spotlight: Elsewhere




Blurb: 



Can two remarkable people overcome supernatural forces beyond their control?

When Errol Fleming moves in across the hall from Andie McNaughton, little does she know that her life is about to take another unforeseen and perilous turn...

Andie is a sweet, shy, functioning schizophrenic. Sadly, she’s never known what it’s like to feel genuine love for another person, and has lost hope of ever leading a normal life. Nor does she wish to risk further rejection. Errol is a popular high-school biology teacher, who was born with a deformed arm. He’s more sympathetic to Andie’s disability, since some of her fears mirror his own. Despite what he learns about the unpredictability of her mental illness, he ends up falling in love with her and she develops true feelings for him. Although their relationship faces many challenges, they decide to take a chance on each other…and the possibility of a future together.

Then Andie starts hearing a voice and dreaming about “Noah,” whom she encounters on a mystical tropical island. Although Andie has no memory of Noah, he claims she’s lived on the island before, and was in love with him. The handsome stranger captivates her, and arouses her curiosity. She begins having visions of Noah and traveling in her mind to the island, where she discovers unexpected connections and a sense of inner peace. Errol’s haunting dreams about the island and Noah’s obsession with Andie only add to the mystery of what’s happening…

Is Noah a figment of Andie’s imagination? Or does he exist in an alternate reality? More important, can Errol save Andie from Noah and the idyllic world she’s escaped to? Or will he lose her to her phantom lover, forever?


EXCERPT:

He was standing near the crest, and the sight of Andie startled him more than the sight of him towering over her. Tall, with long, muscular limbs, he was wearing red plaid shorts and a white T-shirt. Like her, he was barefoot.

His sable eyes flew wide, and he flinched. “Oh, my God. Andie, it’s you! I know that this is just a dream, but you look so real. Are you? Are you here in my dream, Andie?”

For an instant, she nearly lost her balance and toppled backward. All she could do was stare at him. “This is my dream, not yours. And who the hell are you, anyway?”

His face, lightly tanned and handsome, relaxed, softening his features. “You don’t remember me, do you? I was afraid of that. That’s why I’ve been unable to make contact with you.”

Andie folded her arms. “What are you talking about?”

The wind ruffled his long dark curls, and he shook his head ruefully. “Why did you come to me, Andie? How did you get inside my dream?”

“I’ve dreamed about you before. I saw you on the beach,” she said, gesturing behind her. “I keep dreaming about this damn beach, and you, but I don’t know why.”

He moved toward her. “I keep dreaming about you, too. It’s just, I’ve never gotten this close to you before. I’ve never been able to speak to you. Andie…” He reached for her, and she took a step back down the path.

“I’m not real,” she told him. “I’m invisible. Watch.” She passed her hand through the dark, shiny leaves on a shrub, waited for his reaction.

He frowned. “You’re a dream, that’s all. A dream. I’m imagining you and everything we’re saying to each other. If you were really here with me, things might be different.”

Andie laughed in disbelief. “Listen, Mr. Whoever-you-are: You’re in my dream. I’m not in your dream, and we’re having this conversation because I’m talking to you. Got it?”

He smiled, drawing her gaze to his well-shaped mouth and the cleft in his chin. “At this point, I don’t care. I’m just so happy to see you, Andie. To hear your voice again….”


Author bio and links:

Linda Lee Williams lives in Denver, Colorado, with her artist husband, Tim, and their dog, Bart. Over the years she’s taught creative writing classes, hosted a writer’s group, and written a variety of contemporary paranormal romance novels. Elsewhere is her first published book in the genre.

You can find Linda’s novel on Amazon, visit her author’s page, and participate in her Blog. She also has a Facebook page and a website. For more information and upcoming titles, please visit the links below.






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the spotlight on this book! You don't get too many books where the heroine and hero both have complex issues like these....I'll definitely be checking this book out more - new to me author too

    ReplyDelete