Monday, October 24, 2011

Dana Pratola Interview

Welcome back to another exciting week here at SGBR&M. We're starting off the week with an interview of new author Dana Pratola!  Come by and comment, get to know this author.


First off, tell me a little about yourself, and your books!   So far it’s just the one book, The Covering. It tells the story of Tessa, a Christian woman, who meets and falls for Gunnar, a hostile, self-destructive unbeliever. But he's also HOT, lol.  She can't understand why God would toss her together with a man like him, knowing she would be attracted, so she wonders if it's a trick of the enemy to make her stumble in her faith. Meanwhile, Gunnar is tormented by demonic visitations and looking for any way out. Killing himself might be the only way to end his miserable existence. But God has other plans.
As for me, I’ve been married 25 years and have 3 grown children. We live in a New Jersey suburb but ideally I’d love to move to the country and see horses when I look out my window. I’d probably have to move alone since the rest of the family are “city folk.”


 
 How long have you been writing?   As long as I can remember.


 Plotter or not?
I do an overview and try to go from there but anything can happen =-)

 
When you aren't writing, what are some of your favorite hobbies/ past times?  Reading, walking in the woods.
 
Who are some of your favorite authors? Favorite genre?   Jane Austin and Nora Roberts top the list. I also love Eloisa James, Deanna Gist, Stephanie Laurens, Julia Quinn… too many to name. I'm all about Romance.
 
If you were given the chance to co-author a book with someone, who would you chose?     I’d have to go with Nora since she specializes in contemporary romance.
 
What's the strangest thing you've done, or strangest question you have had to ask for research purposes?   How can I get a huge quantity of African Fire Ants on US soil?
 
What talent do you wish you had, but don't? (For me, I wish I could draw better!)   I wish I could sing or play piano, not necessarily together.
 
What's a typical writing day for you like?    No such thing. I write when I can, where I can.
 
How many different genres do you write in?   I write Romance but several “dialects” such as paranormal romance and romantic suspense.
 
If only one, do you ever think about writing a different book than what you are known for?    I may try historical one day.
 
What do you do to celebrate a book release day?   I’ve only had the one so far but I asked people to change their FB profile picks to my book cover for the day, and gave away a PDF copy of the book. It was awesome!
 
We all know there's trends in writing. A certain type of book, or genre explodes in popularity. Some fade into the dark. What's a type of book you'd love to see make a comeback?    I just like to see good fiction out there, whatever genre.
 
What are three things your fans don't know about you that may surprise them?    1) I know all the words to every song in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Actually I believe I know every word of dialogue too =-D; 2) I always smell the milk before I use it; 3) I go horseback riding almost every year for my birthday.
 
What are you working on at the moment in terms of writing?   Several novels, one of which is paranormal. Can’t wait to get that one out =-)
 
What's something you'd like to accomplish that you have not yet done?   Nothing glamorous or exciting. I’d love to have the WHOLE house clean at the same time. So far it’s as much of a dream as climbing the Matterhorn.
 



Dana's Contact Info:





Want to know about The Covering? Check it out at these places!



 
Dana, I thank you for stopping by today, and look forward to more from you in the future! Congratulations onf your first book, and here's to many more! *Clinks glass to celebrate* 


No comments:

Post a Comment