Sunday, September 18, 2011

Book Review: Forged In Fire





Blurb: Beth Brown doesn’t believe in premonitions until she dreams a sexy stranger is gunned down during the brutal hijacking of a commercial airliner. When events in her dream start coming true, she heads to the flight’s departure gate. To her shock, she recognizes the man she’d watched die the night before. 

Lieutenant Commander Zane Winters comes from a bloodline of elite warriors with psychic abilities. When Zane and two of his platoon buddies arrive at Sea-Tac Airport, he has a vision of his teammates’ corpses. Then she arrives—a leggy blonde who sets off a different kind of alarm.

As Beth teams up with Zane, they discover the hijacking is the first step in a secret cartel’s deadly global agenda and that key personnel within the FBI are compromised. To survive the forces mobilizing against them, Beth will need to open herself to a psychic connection with the sexy SEAL who claims to be her soul mate.
 






MY REVIEW: I absolutely love a romantic suspense blended with paranormal. Forged in Fire has just a small bit of paranormal in it. The main element in this story besides the romance is the suspense. From the first chapter, Trish McCallan stirs up the conflict and the pace, and quite frankly, it doesn't stop until the last page. There's really not a dull moment in this book. There is so much action, adventure, and fiery hot tension between Beth and Zane that you don't want to miss a minute of.  The characters are so three dimensional and they breathe life right off the pages. Seriously. I couldn't get enough of this book, and as much as I wanted to find out everything, I didn't want this thrill ride to be over. 


My only pitfall was the ending. It's not a major issue, but some things are not wrapped up. From what I read on the author's website, there's another book coming, but darn it, I hate waiting! I want MORE of this NOW!! 


Readers, take my advice. If you are a fan of romantic suspense, then I suggest you hightail it to your favorite ebook retailer and get yourself a copy of Forged in Fire. But let me warn you- clear your schedule, because you're not going to want to put this down.


Forged in Fire is available here:


Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/86910


Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Forged-Fire-ebook/dp/B005LPUCB6/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1316310566&sr=1-1

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/forged-in-fire-trish-mccallan/1105460502?ean=2940013009103&itm=1&usri=trish%2bmccallan

Here is Trish McCallan's website:

http://www.trishmccallan.com/home.htm

Note: This is a review that I chose to do. I picked this book up for pleasure, but wanted to share my excitement about it with everyone.

Until next time- Nikki.


2 comments:

  1. Nikki,

    Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It's very much appreciated. Any chance I could sweet talk you into posting it to Amazon as well. I'm trying to collect them on Amazon. *g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure!! I'll do that! And you, go write faster so I can have more books LOL :)

    ReplyDelete