Sunday, February 14, 2016

Review: Winter in Waianae

Winter in Waianae


Blurb:


A pod of spinner dolphins takes up residence down in the family’s private cove. Their acrobatic display signifies a shift in the family’s fortunes. The prophecy told by the matriarch of each generation was about to materialize. Anticipation runs high as the family searches for the strangers destined to bring luck and love.

The new arrivals watch the family with interest. They have a difficult task ahead of them. More time is needed, but the precepts dictate that they come in with the dolphins and leave with the Winter Solstice. With the help of private detective David Crandall, they just might succeed.


Review Rating: 5 LIGHTNING BOLTS

Review: Aubree Lane weaves a whimsical tale with plenty of romance, mystery, and relationship dynamics. Winter in Waianae doesn't have a dull moment to be found.  Each page is full of excitement as it carried me through with intrigue from start to finish.

I love that I had no idea where Ms. Lane was taking this story. There's twists and turns in various angles that kept me guessing and shocked as I read along. The characters are a great mix. I love a good story where there are dysfunctional connections and somehow, they always work out in the end run, even if it doesn't always seem like it at first, or if it does, it takes a different spin than originally imagined. Lane's stories keep getting better and better, and really, that says a lot because her stories are wonderful to begin with! This is a sequel of sorts, but it can be read on its own. I actually haven't read Early One Morning yet, and I was in no way lost while reading this one.

PS-I really want to go to Hawaii now. Not that I didn't before, but this story helped fuel that need. Do I recommend this? You bet your bum I do! Great read and it's full of surprises and so much more. Now, how about we get this author to hurry up with more, yes?




http://www.amazon.com/Winter-Waianae-Love-Oahu-Book-ebook/dp/B016H02RLQ

No comments:

Post a Comment