Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Review: His Obsession


Book Title: His Obsession (The Owners) by Sam Crescent  
Publisher: Evernight Publishing
Reviewer: Crystal

Review Rating: 4.5 LIGHTNING BOLTS

Blurb:

His obsession could destroy them both.

Stephen Knox is the wealthy owner of the exclusive gentleman’s club, Possession. A club where men feel the utmost possession for their women. However, he doesn’t believe in what the club represents until Ursula Mills walks into his life.

Ursula has no choice but to accept the job as a cleaner/cook for Stephen. From the moment they first met, she’s been infatuated by her older employer. He’s unlike any man she’s ever known. Everything about him pulls her in. Their passion ignites to a fever pitch neither could have expected.

But, when an old enemy returns with the intent of destroying everything that Stephen possesses, he must act quickly to protect his club.

When Ursula learns his secret, she has to make a choice. Live without him or learn to be his—completely.


Review:

I didn't get the same feeling in this book as I did the first. Not saying it wasn't good it just didn't talk to me as much. I think it  was because Stephen had really just lost the spirit of everything and was down and out and just didn't care about the business. It also took him awhile to admit his true feelings for Ursula. He just wouldn't admit anything but his life was changing a little each time. Ursula is a woman that doesn't take anything off anyone. She just lives with Paul just to live with him. She doesn't love him and knows she made the mistake of being with him.

 This book had a little bit more suspense in it. I couldn't wait to see what would happen and who was behind it. I hated that Rachael got beat up but Lucas finally found his sister. I know that the rest of these men have to have a story of their own. I will be waiting for their stories.

I might not like everything about a story but I just can't put these books down. There are just some authors that really speak to you and this is one that does that for me. If you have never read a book by this author you really need to check her out.


Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment