Friday, March 7, 2014

Review: The Lies that Save us

Yesterday, I hosted JL Redington on the blog with an interview and excerpt, today comes my review.



Blurb: Alexa is beautiful, smart and alone in the world, a result of devastating losses in her life. She purchased a diner in the quiet out of the way town of Startup, Washington and hired employees to help run it. She’s just beginning to feel secure in her loneliness.
Suddenly her world is jolted awake by Cayman, a handsome young stranger that enters her diner seemingly from nowhere. Event’s happen quickly, and soon Alexa is deep into secret lives, deception and desire.
Will she figure out the riddle of her father’s death? Will she be able to resist the temptation to fall in love with Cayman in spite of her suspicions? Will she live to tell the tale?


Review Rating: 4 LIGHTNING BOLTS

Review: The Lies that Save us is a suspenseful, riveting read that captured my attention. It has many of the elements I enjoy in a good book: Romance, intrigue, mystery, great dialogue, fast paced...I could go on, but you get the idea.  Alexa has so many things going on and she's just not sure how to handle life or where to go with things.  Then Cayman comes in her life and he's a mystery as well.

Just when I thought I had an idea on things, nope, I was proved wrong! Yeah, gotta love some great twists.  Overall, this is a well written story that kept me entertained and intrigued throughout. It's my first read by the author, and I'll be looking for more in the future!




1 comment: