Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Interview with Jennifer Snow


I've read two of her books so far and have enjoyed them! Please help me welcome Harlequin Heartwarming author Jennifer Snow to the blog!







            How long have you been writing? How many published books do you have, and what genres?


I have been writing since I was four years old and couldn't spell, but I only started publishing three years ago. I write contemporary romance and I stick to that genre so as not to confuse my readers and so far I have published two novellas and two novels-all holiday themed:) And What A Girl Wants is my fifth release and first non-holiday themed.







            Are you a plotter or do you write from the seat of your pants?

I wouldn't say I'm a plotter, I usually start books with just a line of dialogue or a particular situation that I find intriguing and then I just go from there-but at some point as the plot starts to develop I usually make a list of things that need to happen or a list of scenes left to write. I make notes all throughout the process whenever something comes to me. And writing a series has turned me into a little more of a plotter because my editor needed to have full synopses to buy all six books, so that was a little tough, but I think for a series it's necessary to at least have an outline of future books so that you can tie the series together effectively.







            Who do you love to read? Favorite authors, favorite books?

I love Debbie Macomber, Fern Michaels, Melissa Hill, Jill Shalvis, Bella Andre and of course my Heartwarming sisters' books are fantastic. The Hope Dress by Roz Denny Fox is one of my favorites and Wish Me Tomorrow by Karen Rock-wonderful stories!



            What is something you'd like to accomplish in your writing career next year?

This year I have three books in the Brookhollow series releasing-Feb, Sept, and Nov, and then the final two books release in 2015. Also in 2015, I would like to see the release of another series that I am currently working on about three sisters in Hollywood-very different from the Brookhollow series.





            Tell us a little about your latest release.


What A Girl Wants is a friends to lovers story that I just HAD to write:) I love that plot line and I wanted the Brookhollow series to have a book within the six that held this kind of love story. Bailey Sheppard is one of the guys, but she'd always been in love with unattainable, firefighter Ethan Bishop. Once his ex leaves town, Bailey decides to make a play for him and a game of cat and mouse ensues-but who's actually chasing who? It was a fun story to write because the scenes including things I enjoy-MMA, stock car racing, etc.





            What is something that you absolutely can't live without? (Other than family members)


My flat iron. No one wants to see my hair without it lol:)



            Could you ever co author a book with someone? If so, who would you choose, and what would you write?

My mom and I have a screenplay in the works that we want to co-write together. It's top secret, but sure to be a Blockbuster hit!







            What are some of your other hobbies outside of writing?

I don't understand the question lol:)



         



             Favorite color?

Blue-any shade



            Weather: Hot or cold?

Hot most of the time, but I definitely need cold for Christmas.



            Favorite place to read?

On the couch in front of the fireplace or on the beach.



  



            Favorite non-alcoholic drink.

Why wouldn't there be alcohol? lol.



            If you could travel anywhere and do anything, no limits or money holding you back, where would you go?

Las Vegas lol. I've been there a million times and I know I'm crazy, but to me it's the ultimate quick vacation spot. It's hot, it's fun and exciting, it's over-the-top and like a Disneyland for adults:) I like to go away from everyday life sometimes, but a week away from home and structured living is a little too long for me, so four day trips to Las Vegas give me the reboot that I need without taking too much time:)
Thanks again for hosting me!



Blurb for What A Girl Wants:      



Friendship is overrated, if you ask her 

She's always just been one of the guys…until she falls in love with one of the guys. Except Bailey Sheppard has carried a torch for firefighter Ethan Bishop since high school. And now that his long-term girlfriend has left him brokenhearted, she's free to go after what she's always wanted. 

Not that Ethan sees Bailey as anything but a friend. A best friend maybe, but still not a woman he'd be interested in. Pining for his ex has made him blind to the possibility of happiness with anyone else…. But can Ethan resist a woman who knows what she wants?


Amazon        Barnes & Noble




No comments:

Post a Comment