Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Break My Fall VBT Review:



BLURB:


When Leah’s ex-boyfriend Kevin betrays her in a horrifically public way, she leaves town to spend her last summer of college in a place where no one knows who she is, what happened to her, and what she did to make herself so vulnerable.
All she wants is a little peace of mind and some good surfing so she can regroup before returning for her senior year.
After his own tragedy a few years ago, Drew developed an entirely new and unique outlook on life and became a risk-taker, daring and dangerous, everything Leah wanted to avoid.
But a chance encounter forces her to let Drew into her life, little by little, secret by secret. He’s smart, funny, persistent, hot, and makes money in a rather unconventional way.
They share a mutual fascination and attraction, until her past with Kevin complicates her present with Drew, making Leah question her future.
Just as her life seems to be spinning out of control, Leah learns that sometimes you save someone
 by letting them save you.



Review Rating: 4 LIGHTNING BOLTS

Review: Break My Fall is a great contemporary romance that had me turning the pages. From the beginning, I wasn't sure what to think of Leah. I mean, she did something stupid and a bit rebellious, but it led her to Drew, in a weird sort of way. I wasn't sure what to make of the vibes I got from her at first, but ended up enjoying her as a character.

Drew...well let's just say, can I have him in my size please? He's funny, caring, spontaneous and he really grabbed my attention. I like how he's such a mystery and we only get glimpses of who he is and his past just a little bit at a time. It really draws out the intrigue.

I love how the relationship builds slowly for the two. Leah isn't really trusting, and considering what her jerk face of an ex did, I can't blame her. But Drew makes it hard to say no. (Good choice Leah, I wouldn't say no to that sexiness either. Just sayin')

Overall, Break My Fall is a fun, light read with just enough sizzle and piqued interest about the characters and how things would turn out.  It's written in first person, Leah's POV and while I would have liked some insight into Drew and his head, I definitely had a great time getting wrapped up in this story.





goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47

Go here for the Rafflecoptor giveaway and the other tour stops! 


No comments:

Post a Comment