Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Interview with Lisa J. Hobman


Hi everyone! Please help me welcome author Lisa J. Hobman to the blog with an interview! This is a great way to get to know an author....Oh I LOVE throwing out questions! Anyway, here we go :) 






Tell me about yourself, and your writing.


I’m a happily married mum who happened upon writing novels a little by accident after relocating to Scotland.

How long have you been writing? How many published books do you have, and what genres?


I have always enjoyed writing poetry and song lyrics but novels were something I had wanted to try for many years. In May 2012 I relocated to Scotland from England with my family and after chatting to my hubby about an idea I’d had he encouraged me to go for it and get writing! I did it and have never looked back since!

Do you write in multiple genres or just one? If just one, do you ever consider straying outside your 
genre?

I tend to stick with Contemporary Romance (mainly Adult Contemporary Romance) but I am in the process of writing a New Adult romance within that genre. I would love to try something paranormal but it would still be romance as it’s what I love to write.

Are you a plotter or do you write from the seat of your pants?

Ah…this one varies! I start off with all good intentions and a plan! But then you can guarantee that I end up just going with the flow and taking it where the characters lead me. It has been known for certain characters to build their parts up a little more than I anticipated but I like to give them their voice and if it works great. If not they get chopped back!

What is a typical writing day like for you?

I’m writing every day now so it’s usually breakfast and getting everyone ready for their day. Then I caffeinate myself! I don’t always have breakfast which is very naughty but if the ideas are flowing I just like to get on with it. I write for several hours (or tweak) and I procrastinate a little – usually trying to come up with cover ideas for my next book. And then everyone is home so I have a break. But I have been known to stay up VERY late if an idea has grabbed me!

Who do you love to read? Favorite authors, favorite books?

Wow…soooo many. I love Nicky Charles books, Kate Roth (especially The Low Notes), Jamie McGuire – Beautiful Disaster, Bernadette Marie – The Executive’s Decision, Nicholas Sparks – Safe Haven. But there are sooo many more!

What is something you'd like to accomplish in your writing career next year?

It’s a bit of a dream of mine to hit the Amazon best sellers list but there are so many talented authors out there. I will just keep writing and hopefully one day it will happen!

If you could have one paranormal ability, what would it be?

Oooh…I’d love to be able to change into a wolf! I’m loving shape shifter stories right now and think that it would be so cool to be a wolf for a while.



Tell us a little about your latest release.

Through the Glass is my latest release and my second novel. It’s the story of Jim, a gorgeous Scottish man who adores his wife and wants nothing but her happiness. The trouble is, Flick, his wife has decided that Jim is surplus to her requirements. She wants the high flying career in the art world. She’s left behind her passion for painting in order to go for the role of International Art Dealer and is concentrating on other people’s work instead of her own. The story begins at the breakdown of their relationship. Jim loves her enough to let her go and leaves London to return to his home country to rebuild his life.
After settling down as a single man once again he receives an unwanted visitor bringing him terrible news. This leaves him with some life changing decisions to make yet again. Can he remind Flick of who she really is before it’s too late?


What is something that you absolutely can't live without? (Other than family members)

My laptop! It’s almost like it’s a part of me. I feel a little lost without it.

Could you ever co author a book with someone? If so, who would you choose, and what would you write?

I actually don’t think I would. And the reason is because I would be terrible to work with. My brain flits from one thing to another so much that I think I would drive a co-author completely bonkers!

If you could spend a day with anyone from history, dead or alive, who would it be, and what would you do? What would you ask them?

Kurt Cobain. Although he wasn’t the most talented musician I’ve ever heard he had that special something that inspired a generation. I would love to ask him all about why he got into music.

What are some of your other hobbies outside of writing?

Erm… Honestly I would like to say reading but I don’t have nearly enough time for that! I think writing has taken over my life!

What is something you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet. Why not?

Visit my lovely friend in Canada. We started off as penpals when I was nine. Thirty two years later and I’ve met her once at Disney World in Florida! I’m terrified of flying and have cried on each and every flight I’ve ever taken so I haven’t quite plucked up the courage to go yet.

If you were on the staff to have a book adapted to movie, what would you pick?

Am I allowed to say my own book?! Lol! All the time I was working on Bridge Over the Atlantic I had the cast list in my head and the locations all set. It’s a dream of mine to see it on the big screen.

What is a talent you wish you had, but don't?

I wish I could play guitar. I used to be a singer and always envied those who could write their own songs and just record the backing for themselves. Instead I used to carry a Dictaphone around with me and sing my ideas into it. I just never had the patience to learn.

Favorite color?

Purple

Weather: Hot or cold?

Coooold

Favorite place to read?

The window seat in my lounge

Favorite meal

Chicken Fajitas

Favorite non-alcoholic drink.

Tea


If you could travel anywhere and do anything, no limits or money holding you back, where would you go?

I would go to Canada and tour around the whole country in a big motorhome. I know it’s not that flashy or spectacular but I’m a pretty down to earth person really

Bridge Over the Atlantic:

All other links can be found at: www.5princebooks.com/buy.html
























Through the Glass:

Coming soon to iTunes




No comments:

Post a Comment