Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Review: Finding Forever

Title: Finding Forever  

Author: Melisa M. Hamling

Publisher: Self published

Genre: New adult romance

Reviewer: Storm Goddess

Review rating: 4.5 LIGHTNING BOLTS

Blurb: Through the splinters of glass, I see his face, the one who has this hold on me, on my soul, and I know he holds the key to something I have yet to learn.

Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it. Morgan Master’s is about to find out that what you wish for doesn’t come in a perfect little package.

Plummeting off the side of the mountain wasn’t the escape Morgan had planned. Or was it? Disconnected from who she was, where she came from, Morgan knows she’s in a hot mess when the lines blur between two worlds. What is real and what is imagined? Her inner struggle to find herself and to learn the truth, leads her into the arms of Ben, the perfect little package she once wished for, but doesn’t remember it.

Ben is Morgan’s solace, her guide through her state of confusion, offering comfort and love to degrees she is certain she has never known before. Longing to stay in the heavenly bliss, something keeps pulling her back, a little at a time.

When Morgan’s world crumbles, she endures weeks of heartbreak. She must decide between this life, or go in search of the unknown, in search of reestablishing the love she had for the man who helped her survive. What must she sacrifice to find him? Does he really exist? What will she uncover when she goes in search of Finding Forever?


Review:  Some things you wish for come in ways you'd never, ever imagine. They come with a twisted form that makes you think, makes you choose. But choosing won't be easy. It's a matter of following your heart or your head, and at some point, those two paths are far apart....

Some books don't manage to grab a reader right away. That wasn't the case with Finding Forever. I was sucked in from page one! Yeah, this book drew me in from the get go and held on to my fast paced beating heart the whole way. There are times the book has this eerie feel that I absolutely LOVED!!  The suspense, the intrigue of needing to know just what in the world was going on had me turning the pages into the wee hours of the night.  You know sometimes when you're reading a story and it does have a few parts that make you jump at every sound? I know I've had plenty of those...well, I happened to read Finding Forever the week my husband was on overnights.  Not only did I lose sleep from staying up so late devouring this story, but the few parts that gave me that eerie feeling I've so desired certainly had me jumping at sounds.

And no, this book isn't scary. There just happened to be a few parts that gave me the chills, but that's not the basis of the story at all.

Now- the characters. Morgan- the heroine of the story. She seems to be stuck at a crossroads in life. She just found out some information about the guy she's been dating (Who in many regards can be a total butt munch! Yes, that's right, I said butt munch) She's struggling, and she's looking for something- anything. The last thing she expects is to find herself in this strange place, where she meets Ben, and Danny. Both of them speak in riddles, not really giving Morgan any clues as to what's going on.  There are definitely sparks between Morgan and Ben, and despite her unease with the situation, she can't help but be drawn to him.

Ms. Hamling has a great writing style that drew me in to the story line quickly!  I enjoyed the characters, the plot, the writing...all around this story definitely delivered an interesting read. I felt the emotions of the characters, the mystery surrounding some of the book had me guessing and while i kind of knew where it was going, I still wasn't fully prepared for when things happened.  I'm definitely looking forward to more in this new series!  Ms. Hamling is a new to me author and Finding Forever was my introduction to her talent. Let me just say I'll be grabbing up everything from her back list and eagerly looking for new works in the future too.

If you're looking for a great book with an interesting plot, you should add Finding Forever to your list!


Now, this book isn't out yet, I had the pleasure of snatching up an offered ARC, so I'll link you to the Goodreads page for the book. But fear not, this book should be out pretty soon if I remember correctly.

Finding Forever on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment