Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Review: Dragon's Mate

Title: Dragon's Mate  

Author: Clair de Lune

Publisher: Siren-Bookstrand

Genre: Historical, erotic, fantasy

Reviewer: Crystal

Review Rating: 4.5 LIGHTNING BOLTS


Blurb:  Erotic Historical Fantasy Romance, shape-shifters, sex in shifted form, light bondage, spanking, HEA]

Braemuir is the chieftain of the Clan and a shape-shifter. He must find a mate and impregnate her before the Gathering of the Clan at the Summer Solstice if he is to stave off a challenge for the leadership.

An unknown black dragon and his mate are trying to get rid of Braemuir in order to keep the Clan treasure for themselves. When Eilidh NicDhoughal mates with Braemuir, she becomes able to shape-shift, too, but being Braemuir’s mate puts a target on her back—and if one of a mated pair dies, the other will die, too.

As Braemuir struggles to keep Eilidh safe from the black dragon’s attempts to dispose of them, a battle ensues amongst the dragons. Just when the identity of the black dragon is finally discovered, Braemuir gets another shock that will change his world forever.

Review: Braemuir is the clan chieftain and he is also a dragon shape-shifter. He has to find his mate and get her pregnant before the Summer Soltice, if not he will be challenged and would probably lose his place in the clan. Eilidh is just a plain girl who never thought in her life that she would be the mate of Braemuir. Turns out that she is and things move fast. Only thing is that he has to keep her a secret and keep her safe.

I enjoyed this story and I can't wait for the next one to see what happens next. When you find out who is after Braemuir and Eilidh it could be a little surprising. I sorta felt that I knew who it was and I just happened to be right. I'm not saying that this book is predictable. The author was very descriptive in the dragons colors. Made me wish to see them in real life. I could just imagine tuning into a dragon and flying around.

In this book you never know who you can trust and who is really your friend. It was pretty exciting to see what would happen next and to who. I have read books by this author before and I enjoy every book that I read from her. Her writing style in unique and easy to follow. I will warn you that there is a little bit of whipping in this book and tying up. So if you don't like books with BDSM in them then don't read this book. If you do then I will say you should enjoy it.


Bookstrand


Amazon

Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment