Friday, July 12, 2013

Interview with Alexa Grace



Today I'm interviewing romantic suspense author Alexa Grace!




Tell me about yourself and your writing.


I wrote a romantic suspense novel in 1985, went the traditional route and it was not published. I made a career change that year and for the next 25 plus years, I devoted myself 100% to my training management positions. When my Director of Training position was eliminated in 2011, a door closed for me but another one opened. I had an opportunity to make my dream of writing books a reality. So I went for it.
I did a lot of Internet research in self-publishing. Indie authors like Theresa Ragan and John Locke really motivated me to take the Indie route. Like them, I wanted to retain control of book design, writing, marketing, etc. Thus, my Indie journey began with my first book Deadly Offerings published in 2011, followed by Deadly Deception, Deadly Relations, and Deadly Holiday in 2012.
Who are some of your favorite authors? 


I love reading books by James Patterson, Alison Brennan, Ann Rule, Kathryn Casey, Laura Griffin, and others. I try to stick to the thriller or romantic suspense genre, but I have always been a fan of true crime.
Do you think you'll ever write a romance outside of the suspense/thriller genre? 


I doubt that I will. Suspense and thriller writing is what I was meant to do. It's my passion.


Which of your characters were the most challenging to write?


The sexual sadist, serial killer in my latest book Profile of Evil has been the most challenging to write because his character required so much research. I was determined that his character, behaviors, and actions be credible so I researched by reading books written by profilers, discussed with my subject matter experts, and did extensive Internet research. This research was also needed so I could write an accurate profile for my Carly Stone character.

Tell us a little about your latest release.
In Profile of Evil, Carly Stone is a brilliant FBI agent who's seen more than her share of evil. Leaving the agency, she becomes a consultant for Indiana County Sheriff Brody Chase, who needs her profiling skills to catch an online sex predator luring preteen girls to their deaths in his county.
An undeniable attraction forms between the sheriff and his profiler, and they are unsure of how they feel about that. She's in Indiana to do a job. That's all. Once the killer is captured, she'll head home to Florida. They both vow to end the job with their hearts intact. But will the heat between them prove impossible to ignore?
As the body count increases, can the predator be stopped before he kills again? A life hangs in the balance, and the two rush to stop the most terrifying killer of their careers — and time is running out.
Profile of Evil is available on Amazon, iTunes, B&N, Sony, Diesel, Smashwords and more.

Will you release more books in 2013?


Yes. I plan to release two more books in the Profile Series.
Fall 2013 Profile of Terror
Social media sites are the playground for twin sexual predators and are the last stops for three young women. When an ex-girlfriend goes missing, Private Investigator Gabe Chase is obsessed with finding her. Once her lifeless body is discovered, her gorgeous and accusing older sister is the distraction Gabe doesn't need as the body count increases and he hunts down the killers.
Winter 2013 Profile of Fear
A dismembered body found by a trash collector takes Detective Cameron Chase into the unspeakable world of human sexual trafficking. His county is the last place anyone would consider for sex trafficking, and that's just what the traffickers are counting on.
When his lover's teenaged daughter is abducted by the traffickers, the clock ticks as Cameron searches for her. Will he find her before the traffickers sell her abroad — or worse?


How can we find out more about you and your books?
My books are sold on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Smashwords, Kobo, Sony, Diesel and more. More information on www.alexa-grace.net



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interview - Alexa is a new to me author and i'm going to have to look up her books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Alexa. I write RS as well and since I haven't read you before, I'm going to pick up one of your books today. Good luck in your career.

    I love being an Indie author too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cover is beautiful and I love to hear about authors who self-publish. It seems to be a wonderful way of going about getting your book out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, ladies! And best of luck with your sales, Alexa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really captured the mood of the title in the cover design, Alexa. I wish you every success with this new book and your indie career in general!

    ReplyDelete