Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Interview with Christina Tetreault


Please help me in welcoming Christina Tetreault to the blog today for an interview!





 tell me about yourself, and your writing.
First a little about myself.  I am a mom with 3 daughters ages 5 and 3.  I started writing when I was about 10 years old and never stopped.  I picked up my first romance novel as a Freshman in college and fell in love with the genre.  I started writing romances about 10 years ago, but more for pleasure rather than to get them published.  I started to pursue the publishing aspect maybe 6 years ago.  Currently I write only contemporary romance although at some point I would like to try writing a historical and a paranormal.

How long have you been writing? How many published books do you have, and what genres?
Since I technically started my first story at the age of 10, I have been writing for about 26 years all together.  Of course no one but me will ever see those first stories  My third published book just came out titled The Billionaire Princess.  It is the third book in my contemporary romance series The Sherbrookes of Newport.

Do you write in multiple genres or just one? If just one, do you ever consider straying outside your genre?
Right now I only write contemporary romances, however, at some point I would like to try writing something else.

Are you a plotter or do you write from the seat of your pants?
For better or worse I tend to write from the seat of my pants.  I always start a story knowing the main characters and  the ultimate obstacle they will face, but I never know exactly what scenes will unfold ahead of time.


Who do you love to read? Favorite authors, favorite books?
I have too many favorite authors to name them all, but a few at the very top of the list include Julia Quinn, Jessica Andersen and Johanna Lindsey.


Tell us a little about your latest release.
My latest release, The Billionaire Princess is the 3rd book in my series The Sherbrookes of Newport.  This book focuses on Sara Sherbrooke.  Readers first saw her in book 1 The Teacher's Billionaire and then again briefly in book 2 The Billionaire Playboy.  Sara has sworn off relationships
 too afraid that she would be used again.  Instead she has devoted all her energy to succeeding in politics without relying on her family name.  That is until one night in Hawaii with her brother's best friend Christopher Hall.
Christopher is a self-made billionaire and who is re-introduced to Sara, a beauty who was once way out of his league.  But now as the most eligible bachelor in Silicon Valley, the only thing stopping Christopher from pursuing Sara is the thought of betraying his best friend.

As they work together to promote a new education initiative, neither can deny the attraction between them.  But will their growing romance be worth all of the consequences?


What is something that you absolutely can't live without? (Other than family members)
I could not live without my dogs.  I have had at least one dog since the age of 8 and I can not imagine life without them.  To me they are part of my family.  Currently, I have two Jack Russell Terriers.



What are some of your other hobbies outside of writing?
Outside of writing I love to read although I do not get to do it as much I would like.  I also enjoy exercising during the week.  I try to get to the gym at least 2 days a week.

What is something you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet. Why not?
I have never learned to play an interest and I hope to do that some day.  When I was a child I lacked the interest and now I just lack the time, but it is on my bucket list.


             Favorite color?
My favorite color is dark blue.

If you could travel anywhere and do anything, no limits or money holding you back, where would you go?
If I could travel anywhere and do anything while there, I would go to England or Scotland.  Once there I buy a grand castle and move on in.




BLURB: She was raised as an American Princess

Following the betrayal of a former lover, Sara Sherbrooke swore off relationships, too afraid she would be used again. Instead she has devoted all her energy to succeeding in politics without relying on her family name. That is until one night in Hawaii with her brother's best friend Christopher Hall.

He is a self-made billionaire

Technological genius and CEO of Hall Technology, Christopher Hall first met Sara Sherbrooke when he and Jake Sherbrooke were college roommates. While attending Jake's wedding in Hawaii, Christopher is reintroduced to Sara, a beauty who was once way out of his league. But now as the most eligible bachelor in Silicon Valley, the only thing stopping Christopher from pursuing Sara is the thought of betraying his best friend.

As they work together to promote a new education initiative, neither can deny the attraction between them. But will their growing romance be worth all of the consequences?


    Author Website

1 comment:

  1. Good interview! I've read the first two books in Christina's series and look forward to reading The Billionaire Princess

    ReplyDelete