Hi there Storm Goddess Book Reviews and hello readers,
My name is Rachell Nichole and I am an erotic romance author. I wanted to chat with you today about my recent release, An Affair Across Times Square and its heroine, Layla Morgan. I want to tell you some lessons we could all learn from Ms. Morgan.
- Own your sexuality. In a post women’s rights movement world, many women (including me sometimes) have an issue with owning their sexuality. It stems from the “whore or nun” kind of perception the world still seems to have of us. This is a problem for Layla Morgan. She thinks she’s a slut – actually really believes it and that she’s no good for any man. It’s finally through Tyler’s eyes that she sees this isn’t the case and begins to realize she can be a sex kitten and a good woman at the same time.
- Don’t date your married boss. Layla has always been attracted to her sometimes-boss, Brian. Last time she worked a case in New York, they shared a kiss. But shortly after that, she realized he had a girlfriend. Now that she’s back, he’s married, and she’s still got a thing for him. But she knows it’s wrong. She knows she can’t date a married man. She’ll never be the other woman again. And there are some very good reasons for her to not date Brian, but I don’t want to give too much more away. But take it from Layla – dating your married boss is a surefire path to badness.
- Close the curtains when you want privacy. This is a good lesson to learn. For Layla, however, her brazenness in this department led her to her true love Tyler. She didn’t close the curtains as she undressed and starting having a little “me time” in full view of her window. For most of us, though, we like our privacy, and wouldn’t engage in an affair across times square with a stranger. It worked out for Layla, but I doubt we would be so lucky.
- Stand up for yourself. Layla spent most of her childhood and her young adult life believing she was a bad person because she let her mother treat her like one. When mom shows up and verbally attacks Layla, she takes it again. Until Tyler steps in to defend her. When her mother turns on Tyler, that’s when Layla finally tells her mom off. It’s an important step. And an important lesson we can all learn from. Now, I’m not saying “go forth and be a bitch” but I am suggesting you stand up for yourself and let people know when they’re out of line. As Eleanor Roosevelt said, “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
- Don’t be afraid to stand out. Layla loves working behind the scenes. She doesn’t feel she’s suited for the courtroom. She’d much rather spend hours researching cases and finding the evidence to convince a jury of a person’s guilt than spend five minutes in front of a judge and jury. She had a terrible experience the one time she attempted to try a case in court and she’s never been back since. But she has to step up and stand out – bursting into the courtroom during the proceedings in order to save an innocent man’s life. For those chameleons out there – sometimes it’s not best to blend in to your surroundings and watch life pass you by. Every once in a while you have to step out of the shadows and take center stage. You deserve it!
Well, that’s it folks – the top five things I learned from Layla Morgan that you can learn too! Thanks so much for having me stop by the Storm Goddess blog today. Readers, I hope you learned something from Layla. If you want to learn more, An Affair Across Times Square is on the e-bookshelves everywhere.
All Romance Ebooks - http://bit.ly/T6Drrh
Amazon – http://amzn.to/ZURxhD
Barnes & Noble – http://bit.ly/SM3DFW
Goodreads - http://bit.ly/12hr8ut
Loose Id - http://bit.ly/OALcBV
Fictionwise - http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b134672/?si=0
For more information on the sequel to this book and my other works, please visit my website at www.RachellNichole.com