Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Character interview!


Rosanna Leo here, and I’m so excited to be on Storm Goddess again to tell you about my new paranormal romance Sunburn! Thanks Nikki!
It occurred to me that the most fun way might be to have my characters Apollo, Greek god of the sun, music and healing, and his heroine Patience in for an interview. So, don those sunglasses and put on your sunscreen and please help me welcome Apollo and Patience!


(Patience, a cute Rubenesque brunette, and Apollo, a drop-dead blond stunner, enter the room. Apollo has his arm looped possessively around Patience’s shoulders. He drops a kiss onto her head and helps her into her chair so they can talk to Nikki.


Nikki: So tell me, how did you approach your author about your story? I'm well aware of how those like you just pop up out of nowhere

Apollo: That Rosanna Leo has an uncanny knack for being a busybody. (grins) She pestered us for the story.

Patience: Now, that’s not entirely fair, Apollo. I was happy to talk to Rosanna about our story…I had to talk to someone. And she’s about the only one who would believe any of what I said!


Nikki: Writers have that way about them I'm one of them...I understand. But I also know characters love to chat...Especially late at night....

 Care to share a juicy detail about yourselves that we may not otherwise know about you? Oh, come. Let's call it a little game of truth. < Winks>

Apollo: (smiles over at Patience). My sweetness and light over here has a little, orange string bikini that I like a lot. When she wears it, and I ask her to wear it a great deal, she has the power to knock me to the ground.

Patience: (rolling eyes) Yeah. That’s because my parts are busting out of it so much they literally knock him to the ground.

Apollo: (leans over to Patience and kisses her) You know I love your parts. Every last one of them, and plan to love them in great detail for the rest of our lives.

Nikki: Oh my...
Is there a talent you wish you had, but currently don't have?

Patience: Well, Apollo is a Greek god. And not just figuratively! The man has a few powers up his sleeve. He can fly, he can heal the sick, he is the best dancer and singer I’ve ever known…oh, and he makes little suns appear in front of my eyes when he smiles. The boy is talented. (blushes)

Apollo: (grinning at Patience) Funny…out of all my “talents” that’s not the one you were praising last night.

Patience: Apollo!! We’re in mixed company here.


Nikki:   Ahh, new love.
Without getting you in to trouble, either of you....what is your biggest turn off?

Apollo: Honestly, I know women come in all shapes and sizes, but I’m not one for women who are too skinny. (Reaches over and rubs Patience’s full thigh). My Patience is just right: curvy and lush and so sexy.

Patience: Well, thank you. A lifetime of eating donuts will do that. My biggest turn off is men who brag. Apollo has everything to offer, and he’s still modest. And he loves me for who I am and would never change me. (she smiles at him) That’s a nice feeling.

Nikki: Biggest turn on?

Apollo: (turning to Patience) She’s right here.

Patience: (giggling) My biggest turn on is Apollo’s deep voice. I heard him before I saw him and knew immediately I was in huge trouble!

Nikki: I love deep voices too.
Pet peeve?

Patience: Well, I’m a travel blogger and hotel reviewer by profession. My pet peeve is hotel toilets that don’t flush properly. There’s nothing more frustrating…

Apollo: (cuts her off with a kiss) I love this woman. She’s passionate about so many things…even toilets.

Nikki: Other than loved ones and the absolutely necessities, what is one thing you can't live without?


Patience: Sunscreen. I burn in the sun…or at least I did until I began to “worship the sun” on a regular basis.

Apollo: I’ve been around a long time. I can live with just about anything. But if I ever lost Patience, my life would be over. (grabs her hand)


Nikki: Favorite way to relax and wind down?

Apollo and Patience (simultaneously): Sex.

Patience (whispering) : And lots of it. Seriously…have you looked at this man??

Nikki: I do see him...what a fine man he is...But don't worry, I have a great man of my own!  
Where is a place you'd love to travel to?

Patience: Greece. It’s where Apollo is from so I’d really like to go back and see the places he visited as a young god.

Nikki: Biggest fear?

Patience : (eyeing Apollo, her eyes full of emotion) Losing Apollo. We lost each other once. I can’t go through that again.

Apollo: You will never go through that again. I promise you that.


Nikki: Do you have ANY idea what your author is working on next?

Apollo: Ha! I hear Rosanna is tackling my uncle Hades’ story soon! Good luck with making that randy, evil bugger a hero, Rosanna!

Nikki: Well, I know you both are busy, so I don't want to keep you all day, but is there anything you'd like to share?

Patience: Just that I hope you all get a chance to read Sunburn by Rosanna Leo. (whispers conspiratorially to audience) Seriously, the sex was so good, I need to share it with everyone!
Apollo: (grinning) Let’s go make a new story, Patience.
Patience: (has already hopped out of her seat and is running down the hall, dragging Apollo) Thanks for having us, Nikki!

Nikki: You're so welcome! I enjoyed having you here today!


Sunburn blurb:

Patience O’Conner is a travel blogger who lives for her work. Her dedication to her readers brings her to the famed Helios Resort in Mexico, a locale that stuns her with its beauty but at which she suffers from some very strange accidents.
Luckily, hunky resort bartender Apollo Delos is always there in the nick of time, a malcontent guardian angel. Apollo stuns Patience again and again with his life-saving abilities, to say nothing of his smoldering looks and apparent desire to keep her alive.
Before long, Patience wonders if there is more to the sexy bartender than mixed cocktails and insane first-aid skills. Something strange is happening at Helios and Apollo doesn’t want to talk about it.
Can Patience open herself up to this enigmatic man, even though she is terrified to be vulnerable again? And can Apollo recover from an eternity of hurt and learn to trust once more? They must both decide before Death comes calling.


Sunburn Excerpt:

She approached the booth, only to find the blond bartender manning it. Her eyes almost popped and she blurted, “You!”
He grinned, but there was still a tightness around his eyes, as if he were sizing her up. “Hello, Patience.” His strained expression said volumes about what he considered to be the unsuitability of her name.
She tried to ignore the sucker punch in her gut, the one that hit her as soon as his deep, velvety voice caressed her eardrums. “Aren’t you supposed to be at the bar?”
His smile grew wider, showing off his perfect white teeth. “I’m everywhere.”
“Clearly.” She forced herself to look away from his gorgeous face, feeling light-headed because of the suns dancing in her eyes, the suns that seemed to come from him. To distract herself, she touched a few of the painted bowls on display. Not that it snuffed out those blasted suns.
He stepped closer. “Do you see anything you like?”
She choked on her saliva and coughed like a victim of the Black Death. He rushed to calm her, putting his hand on her back, massaging. She recovered upon feeling his touch and was hit by the bizarre, fleeting notion his touch made her recover. As if he’d healed her.
Utter nonsense. Yet as much as it was nonsense, her head swam with the bizarre possibility.
“Better?” he asked quietly, his face serious now.
She stared into the man’s eyes. They were blue, so very blue. “Uh, yeah, thanks.” Curiosity got the better of her and the question poured out. “What’s your name anyway?”
He breathed in. “Apollo Delos.”
“Oh, wow,” she said, breaking into a grin. “Just like Apolo Anton Ohno! I loved him on Dancing with the Stars!”
He got a curious look and let out a strange laugh. “Yeah. Just like him.”
Sunburn is available at http://www.lsbooks.com/sunburn-p743.php


BIO:

Rosanna Leo is a multi-published, erotic romance author with Liquid Silver Books. Her books include For the Love of a God, Up In Flames, Sweet Hell, The Selkie and her newest, Sunburn. When not writing, she can be found haunting dusty library stacks or planning her next star-crossed love affair.


    Barnes & Noble

1 comment: