Monday, November 26, 2012

Review: Undercover Professor


Book Title: Undercover Professor       

Author: December Gephart

Publisher: Carina Press

Genre: Contemporary romance

Heat Level- spicy

Length- 53.000 words

Reviewer name: Nikki

Rating- 3 LIGHTNING BOLTS

Blurb: Rule Number One: Must not lie.
Rule Number Two: Must not live with parents.
Rule Number Three: Must have a job.
Rule Number Four: Must not be a friend's ex.

These dating rules shouldn't be hard for Lucy Benoit to follow--after all, she made them. But she didn't plan on falling for Andy Sullivan, a scruffy-yet-attractive man who lives with his mother and is between jobs. These should be deal-breakers, but in other ways Andy is just her type. And there's something intriguing about him...

Andy isn't the geeky gamer he claims to be--not by a long shot. But what seemed like a harmless social experiment has put his chances of a relationship with Lucy at risk. Even if she can get past the silly rules she has set for herself, will she ever forgive him for breaking Rule Number One?

Review: Sometimes what you're looking for isn't going to match up with what you find. For Lucy, she has a strict list of rules. A little OCD about them, if you ask me. Okay, so she's had a bit of dysfunctional family in her past, but she is very uptight and sometimes downright annoying.

The object of Lucy's affection, much to her dismay? Andy. He's a bit secretive. He's staying with his mom, he's in between jobs, and he's okay with that. However, Lucy isn't and she lets it be known. Here's where she gets annoying. She pushes for Andy to get a job, for Andy to go to college, and when he turns her down for his reasons, she gets very annoyed.

I liked the story, but the thing that really brought it down for me was how frustrating the characters are. Lucy makes me want to reach through my Kindle and smack her! Andy isn't bad, but sometimes he got on my nerves, and Lucy's cousin Rebecca? Most annoying of all.

I was glad for the HEA, but some of the plot points were a little weak. While it was somewhat enjoyable, if the H/h weren't so stubborn and irritating, I think my outcome would have been a lot different.  





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review - I'm not wild about the cover or the premise for this but since you do at least get an HEA - I'll add it to my list

    ReplyDelete