Friday, October 5, 2012

Follow Me Friday: Blog Style October 5


Hi! Welcome to Follow Me Friday: Blog Style! I believe that book bloggers should help one another, because well, we all have one thing in common- the love of blogging, and books. I've had the pleasure of meeting and networking with some great bloggers out there, and my little tribute to everyone is to start up this fun Friday post! The power of uniting has helped Storm Goddess Book Reviews & More grow into what it is today, and I'm not about to forget the help I've gotten to achieve this goal. My hopes in starting this is to get other blogs some more followers, whether they are a well known blog or a small one, a blog that's just starting out. I'm here to help.


This Friday I'd like to feature (Kelley’s Realm of Writing) The owner/create of this blog is (Kelley Heckart) I hope you'll follow along as I ask some questions pertaining to the blog, and a few fun questions. Ready? Let's begin!


Hi! Welcome to Storm Goddess Book Reviews and More! I'm really excited about this, and glad that you have taken part of the fun!

So, tell us a little bit about yourself! I am a writer, musician and artist living in Arizona. I have seven historical fantasy romance novels available at Mundania Press, amazon.com & barnesandnoble.com: Of Water and Dragons, Ravenwolf, White Rose of Avalon, Cat's Curse, Beltaine's Song, Winter's Requiem and Daughter of Night. In between writing projects I like to make crosses out of driftwood and decorate them with symbols, crystals, stones, shells, feathers and anything else I find in nature.

What made you decide to start a blog? I decided to start a blog to post about my writing and other things in my life.

How did you come up with a blog name? It’s been so long since I came up with the name, but I wanted something that connected to me and my life as a writer.

How many people do you have on staff, and how do you decide who does what job? I do everything.

How long has your blog been live/active? Since 2005.

What type of things do you do? Services you provide? I had a pretty successful monthly feature for two years called Long Haired Hotties. I am trying to do something fresh with the blog now. At this time I do not provide any services, but that could change.

What are THREE unique things about your blog? I post about writing, but I try to make the posts relatable to writers and readers.

How do you go about spreading the word about your blog, and the posts? I post reminders on Facebook, twitter and on Yahoo groups.

What's the best thing about blogging? It’s a good way to reach readers and other writers.
What's the hardest thing about being a blogger? Coming up with posts.

Besides blogging, what are some of your other hobbies and passions? Music. I used to play in an all-female hard rock band. I also like to do crafts. I make crosses out of driftwood and decorate them with crystals, stones, shells, feathers or anything I find in nature.

Which author have you not hosted on your blog that you'd LOVE to have? At this time I don’t host authors on my blog.

How does one go about getting a review request to you? At this time I don’t do reviews on my blog.



Where can readers find you? How many ways to follow do you have? I have a website at www.kelleyheckart.com. Readers can follow my blog by subscribing to my posts or following my blog.


Most memorable post/even? The art of kissing




Let's share some firsts!

First post: Site that will review my book


First milestone: My long hair hottie feature






And now for some fun questions!

Three books on your keeper's shelf. Druids by Morgan Llywelyn, The Mabinogion by Evangeline Walton, The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley

Favorite authors? Morgan Llywelyn, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Evangeline Walton

Book you've re-read the most? The above books.
Favorite TV show? My favorite TV show of all time is Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Current favorite is Merlin.

Favorite color? Purple

What's your dream job? Best-selling author.

If you could travel anywhere in the world, no money holding you back, where would you go? Scotland

Anything else you'd like to add in, maybe something I didn't ask in the interview that you'd love to share with readers?

I really appreciate you answering my questions. It's great getting to know other bloggers that share the same interests as I do. Before we end this post, please share any links that come in handy for you and your blog.

Nikki, Thank you for featuring my blog.






Readers, I hope you'll check out this blog and give it a follow if you haven't already!

2 comments:

  1. Good interview! Thanks for the spotlight on Kelly's blog - I'll have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely interview.

    ReplyDelete