Monday, August 13, 2012

Review: Laugh In The Dark

Title: Laugh In the Dark
 
Author: Lynn Hones

Publisher: eXtasy Books

Genre: Horror

Length: 76 pages

Reviewer: Nikki

Rating: 4 Lightning Bolts

Blurb:
How many times have the carts run through the funhouse at Conniesyaught Park? After one hundred years, Nick and May Connors and their four children figure plenty. It's what's inside the funhouse, however, that won't let them rest at night and keeps them looking over their shoulders during the day. After sitting abandoned and forlorn for over thirty years, they bought the old park and hotel on the lake with the good intentions of refurbishing it. Unfortunately, not everything or everyone in life wants to be restored and the family finds out the hard way when ghosts of the past make their presence known to the future, in an ominous and uninviting manner.


Review: It's been awhile since I've read a horror/ghost book that gave me the chills. I miss those kind of stories- the ones that when you read them, a wave of goosebumps run up  your arms, and the shivers run down your spine.  I grew up reading these types of books and I don't come across then easily.


Laugh in the Dark is a quick paced, exciting read.  It's got a family that takes over an old, abandoned amusement park. Fun and games? Well, not completely Because with the new owners, it means an unleashing of some entities that didn't particularly want things up and running again, and not May, Nick, and their family are going to pay the price....


I'm really glad I was able to have been introduced to Lynn Hones' writing. The style of this authors books keeps me guessing and at the edge of my seat.  I love the fact that Hones writes in different sub genres and seems to nail it every time. Lynn Hones is an author to watch. 





Barnes & Noble

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review - while Horror is not my thing - I do like authors who write multiple genre - it gives them more of an edge in their writing - at least in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just read this and have to say thank you so much. You made my day. Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments.

    ReplyDelete