Thursday, May 31, 2012

Review: Dangerous Ally


3.5 LIGHTNING BOLTS
Title: Dangerous Ally

Author: Jessica Lauryn

Genre: Contemporary Suspense

Heat Level: Spicy

Length: 334 pages

Reviewer: Carey

Dangerous Ally is a suspense that leaves you wondering what will happen next. In a world of diamond smuggling, deceit, and danger, who do you trust?

How many secrets can a one family really have? The Ramone family have so many skeletons in the closet they need to buy a cemetery just to hide them all.

Lilah Benson is a reporter on a mission to expose diamond smuggling kingpin Lucas Ramone. She’ll do whatever it takes to get the story and show just how evil the Ramone family truly is. Until she meets Lucas Ramone and feels the soul searing passion he invokes in her. Her plan? Get the story as fast as possible and get as far away from Lucas as she can.

Lucas Ramone gets everything he wants and after meeting, the sexy reporter Lilah Benson he knows exactly what he wants.

Add one determined reporter and a conniving diamond smuggler shake well and you end up with Dangerous Ally.

This story took me on a roller coaster ride. Nothing was as it seemed and it was a pleasant surprise. Every time I thought I knew where the story was going, I was whipped around the corner and given a little shock. I love a story that keeps you on your toes and Jessica Lauryn didn’t disappoint.

I found myself swept away by the characters and their struggles. Nothing comes easy for the characters in Dangerous Ally. They are all tortured in their own way. I found myself rooting for the Lucas and Lilah. Hoping that everything would work out for the unlikely couple.

I would recommend this story to anyone that likes a good mystery. You never see the twist and turns coming.


Where to find the book:

AMAZON

Barnes & Noble

10 comments:

  1. Good review! I love reading a book that takes unexpected twists and turns and makes you care for the characters while you try to solve a mystery. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then you will love this story Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds thrilling! Thanks for the introduction to the author and the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome Mrs. Condit. There is nothing like finding a new author that writes a suspense that keeps you on your toes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanted to let everyone that doesn't know Tabitha Blake is my pen name. My real name is Carey Abbott. Didn't want to confuse anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the title...it sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Tabby, you did a great job on the review. And I'm putting this book on my must read list--which is growing every day, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to be of help. It was my first review and I have to say I was very nervous but now I'm excited about it. It was so much fun. Thanks for stopping by Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a very good book. The title is perfect for the story. There was tons of danger and no one knew who they could trust. Thanks for stopping by Sydney!

    ReplyDelete