Friday, February 10, 2012

Review: Waitlisted



As promised, today's post is a review for Waitlisted, the debut novel from author Laurel Gans. 


BLURB:  Kacey Barlow had no idea it would be this hard to get into grad school. Her well-to-do family has been attending UI for generations, and admissions had been recruiting her since high school! She was a shoo-in—that is, until they gave her the boot.

She can’t tell her parents, and can’t stand the thought of her friends going off to grad school without her. Her grades are slipping. Her professors can’t remember her name, and her tutor, Taylor, won’t stop hitting on her when they’re supposed to be studying.

Okay, maybe that last one isn’t so bad. But it’s not going to help get her a seat in another school...and applications are due in two weeks...


My thoughts:

 When families have certain expectations of their children, it makes it difficult when things aren't going the way they were planned. Kacey Barlow faces this issue in Waitlisted.  This light hearted laugh out loud book explores the idea of what happens when things go wrong for someone who has always had it easy for them.

I admit, there's times where Kacey drives me absolutely nuts.  She doesn't even have to try and seems to have things handed to her. Now when it's not going her way, she has to face reality and grow up. I do feel bad for her when she's around friends families and they seem to be more relaxed with their children.  

Laurel Gans has such a way with words and humor. I overlooked my issues with Kacey because the writing has such flair and the story line moved with ease.  If you're a chick lit lover, this book is definitely one to look out for. Laurel has caught my attention and I'm anxious to know what else this author has in store for readers.



If you missed it yesterday, do check out the interview and guest post with Laurel.

http://stormgoddessbookreviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/talking-with-laurel-gans.html


If you want the chance to enter a giveaway, comment here on this page:

Thanks again for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed the review, and I do hope you'll check out the link to the interview and guest post!

Laurel, I wish you much success and many sales. I hope to see more of your work in the future!

Until next time,

Storm Goddess



2 comments: