Thursday, January 10, 2013

Review: Silver Lake

Title: Silver Lake  

Author: Kathryn Knight

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press

Genre: Contemporary, suspense, paranormal

Heat Level: Spicy

Length: 278 pages

Reviewer: Storm Goddess

Review Rating: 4 LIGHTNING BOLTS

Blurb: Rain Anderson can't decide which is more unsettling—encountering the ghost of her missing friend, or reuniting with the man whose love she foolishly rejected. But one thing is certain: the past has come back to haunt her, quite literally.
Five years ago, Rain's tight-knit group of high school friends unraveled when one vanished during their senior year. Now, a parent's deathbed request has reunited the friends at Silver Lake, including Jason Lansing, the man Rain discarded.
Rain and Jason discover the powerful attraction between them has survived, but though Jason is willing to forgive, he can't let himself forget. The possibility of falling for Rain again is too risky.
Slamming doors, crashing objects, flaring fires—clearly the ghost has a message to share. As Rain and Jason struggle to unravel the truth, they must face a desperate spirit in need of help…and a burning passion that refuses to die.

Review:   Silver Lake is part mystery, romance, and even a visit from the paranormal, all around a great, satisfying read.

A group of friends are reuniting after years apart. The one thing that's unsettled between them- and difficult to think about, is a disappearance of one of their own. It's been eating at them for five years. Now they have to finally come to terms and figure out what's going on.

There's times where I'm startled in the book- firstly, by the ghostly visitor that keeps hanging around. I'm all for a bit of a parnormal ghost visit, and yes, I read this at night, which meant I got a little jumpy. The friends are sorting through their past and trying to decipher any clues. I was pretty surprised at the ending, and it totally caught me off guard, which is a good thing!  The one bit of a draw back was that the story flashed back to their high school days, and I, at times, had a hard time following along from the transition. Other than that, this is a well written story with characters that are beleivable, and the mystery is strong. I enjoyed the romance blossoming between Rain and Jason, and was glad Rain got a new start after the divorce of her jerk of an ex-husband.

Looking forward to more from Ms. Knight. 





3 comments:

  1. This really sounds like a book I would enjoy reading - I like books that mix more than one genre - Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well in my excitement over my first official review I accidentally deleted my thank you comment! Thanks so much Storm Goddess reviews for taking the time to read and review Silver Lake. I love to hear any and all feedback from readers!

    ReplyDelete